Random Stock Market Thoughts

Friday, January 13, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

Quite a Year so Far

Well it has been quite a year so far. Judging by the action in the market, it does not want to go down. I would be net long next week. There isn't enough negative to drive the market lower (save for Iran). I will be looking to pick up another long position sometime next week although as of yet nothing on my shopping list looks attractive. So I sit and wait. I dodged a bullet this week with GM (or at least I percieved it that way). My thinking behind that is I am both long puts and short the common, ideally I would like to sell my puts prior to earnings and ride the common out through the release. There is alot of risk around GM press releases. Picked up some UNH. Net return this week 1.5% versus a down week for SP 500 and flat Nas. That all I've got for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home