Random Stock Market Thoughts

Monday, August 07, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

Waiting for the FED

Tomorrow, if I was a betting man, I would bet that the market will rally. I don't know why I feel like this but to me it just makes sense. Here is why:

If the FED doesn't raise rates people think they are done, which means stocks go higher.

If the FED raises rates people assume it will be one and done, and stocks go higher.

The only scenario I see that could be bad for stocks tomorrow is the FED raising rates but leaving the statement the same as the prior meeting. This will get people thinking that the FED is going to raise rates again, which will be bad for stocks.

As for me I expect on of my first two scenarios to play out and I will be ready to make purchases in GOOG, VMI, and CMG. If they don't play out my way I will live to fight another day.

How about the strange action in the oil market today. Typically when we see a jump in crude, the oil stocks take off like rocketships. Today that didn't happen. That is very concerning for those who are long these stocks (myself included). It gives you a feeling that they may be topping out short term. But, who am I to judge the end of a trend based on one days action. I am still heavily long the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home