Random Stock Market Thoughts

Monday, July 24, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

So You Want to Short Stocks in Your IRA?

Today, during my daily reading I came across an article about a ticker: DOG. Now this is a product by a company called 'Pro Funds' that allows you to short the Dow 30 stocks. Now while I was at work I was making fun of what kind of person would pay 1.3% to short the Dow 30 when they could just short DIA for much much cheaper, I got an IDEA. This company offers a variety of products, check em out here: http://www.proshares.com/resources/litcenter/#prosp
Read the prospectus! The also have leveraged shorts. Now I am not 100% sure that these are permitted in all IRA accounts, but they are the only way I know of (other than RYDEX funds) to short in an IRA account. Hopefully, some pessimist out there can take advantage of this and make some money.

*Beware of the fees on these funds, they are much higher than Rydex.

Here is the original article: http://etf.seekingalpha.com/article/13508

Good Luck.

2 Comments:

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home