Random Stock Market Thoughts

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

Starting Slow

Im back! Wow. Now I understand that no-one is reading this right now but I am going to build this site back here in the next month and make it better than it was before. So as for the market:

YHOO missed big today. What I think that means is the GOOG will more than likely miss on Thurs. Why you may ask? Well as I detailed in prior posts, there has (up until this point) been a very strong relationship between YHOO and GOOG around their respective earnings dates. If one beats the other beats, a miss equals a miss. Now naturally this is not the best form of analysis, but the way I would apply this is simply to lighten up an a GOOG long position into earnings "just in case". It would be extremely agressive (if not reckless) to short GOOG purely based on this relationship. I just figured it was worth pointing out.

The market right now is really not in very good shape. My only existing long position VLCM is getting crushed along with every other retail stock in the world. Although I am willing to bet VLCM will be at or above $50 within the next 12 months, I am not ready to committ capital to it.

I have to start slow so I am stopping here. More posts to come!

2 Comments:

  • This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 PM  

  • Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home