Random Stock Market Thoughts

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

Just Some Ideas

I have been paging through my old trading notebooks and below I have copied a few items of interest.

Jim Cramer’s 7 rules for speculation:
1.) Accept the fact that most end badly (90%). Limit your investment to money that doesn’t matter to you.
2.) Never speculate in your IRA or 401 (k).
3.) Never add money to a speculative investment.
4.) Don’t pretend it is not speculationEx. Owning a stock for a few days and becoming convinced it’s a good company.
5.) Cut your winnings – never let it turn into a loss.
6.) Don’t over intellectualize it.
7.) Don’t blame the messenger.

Earnings season speculation:
- Find companies with few buy recommendations.
- Look for stocks that haven’t moved up in the week prior to an earnings announcement.
- If a stock has a plurality of holds and hasn’t moved in anticipation of earnings, you may have an opportunity worth buying into.

Its the season for speculation so I figured I would share a few nuggets of information. As is always the case I am going to update you all as we head through earnings season with my ideas for speculation. Naturally, I won't recomend you follow me, I am just sharing my opinion.

3 Comments:

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • I like it! Good job. Go on.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 AM  

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home