Random Stock Market Thoughts

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

My Biggest Problem

I often times find that I have no direction when I write on this blog, hence the name, but over the weekend I did some thinking about what my biggest problem investing has been. I have decided that it is complicated in many ways but it essentially boils down to a disconnect between doing what I know works and my actual actions. I know for a fact that the most money will be made on a trade over time. Sitting and waiting is probably the single most important part to being a good trader. However, what I enjoy most is trading stocks frequently. Take for example my short positions I have on right now. If the market goes up on Monday I will lose money on them when I cover them. Where as my other positions that I intend on holding for some time will go down on Monday and they will live to see another day. Maybe I will make a few dollars on my shorts. But in the end it will pale in comparison to the money I will make holding a stock for 6 months or a year. The difficulty for me is finding a balance between trading and investing. I can do both. But when I am bored I turn to trading and in turn over-trade and end up on the losing end of the P&L column. I need to start to look at the bigger picture, have patience and I think we may make some money here in April. Good Luck to All!

1 Comments:

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home