Random Stock Market Thoughts

Monday, March 27, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

The Fed

I am looking at the FED meeting tomorrow as a stepping stone to a summer when the market gets hammered. My thinking is as follows. The consensus is never right and every talking head on CNBC says that the FED will raise tomorrow and then maybe in May and then DONE! OK, now here is what I think will happen, the will raise both times but they wont give any indication of what they are going to do and the market will get hammered. At least that is my dream world. I want the market to go down, and yet I am forced to keep buying stocks because the market continues to go up. My plan for tommorow, is to place some short hedges on before the announcement. I will probably short the QQQQ, IWM, maybe a few other ETF's and have a very tight stop on them all in case I am wrong it wont really hurt me. But its probably better to be protected heading into the fire than not.

And for those of us who still care, the yield curve is still inverted, the housing market is slowing, there is no clear leadership, and the market is so complacent and bad event could send us reeling. -Aside from that I think the market is going higher in the short term. I should update throughout the day tomorrow if something interesting happens. Lets get to work.

1 Comments:

  • Just wanted to let you know I enjoy your blog... keep up the good work

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home