Random Stock Market Thoughts

Monday, August 28, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

New Research Direction

I pulled the plug on VMI after a few moments of looking at the company. Sure it is an alright company, with one analyst that follows them, but I have re-evaluated my investment priorities. After essentially going back to my roots, and re-reading many of the first books I read when I was learning about investing, I have come to the conclusion that I will not pursue medicore investments any longer. For example - CMG - excellent stock, will beat earnings next quarter - but not by a wide margin - it is essentially priced for perfection. I am digging deep into the screens to uncover a stock that will double within 6 to 18 months. I have done no research on the following companies but they are my next two subjects: TTI and CTCM. TTI has the potential for 25% earnings growth for the next 4 years. I like the chances of a stock like that. CTCM is a brand new IPO Russian TV company. I have never looked at a single russian company so this should be interesting.

Observation: Oil was down today. How much do you want to bet that by week end it will be at least back where it started. IRAN will come through for the oil bulls. You have to figure that some fireworks are going to go off there and oil will rally. Let us wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home