Random Stock Market Thoughts

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

UARM

Now I find myself looking into the mirror thinking, WTF was I thinking buying puts on UARM? Talk about stepping in front of a train. Lets think about what I did to myself today. I thought to myself, too far too fast. Am I right yes! Will the stock co-operate? More than likely not. Why would I do it then? In short, impulse, a feeling, a hunch...Is that what you should base your investing on? Sometimes YES! I bought a small position 4% of my portfolio of UARM Jan 35 Puts. I am already down on this position, partially due to my own error (always remember when trading options LIMIT orders and ALL or NONE Qualifiers are exremely important!!!!) I forgot to check the AoN box, partially due to a lack of patience, and partially due to the stock being an f-ing rocket ship.

So now I have to take another look at this position, tommorow I actually do not want to turn on the flashing lights for fear I may trade out of my position, but ideally what I want to do is have the stock break down a nice 5% and make a small profit. I will be honest I am extremely inexperienced with options and how they trade. I can handle stocks, I understand them, but the options are uncharted teritory for me. Lets see how this plays out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home