Random Stock Market Thoughts

Monday, April 17, 2006

Google
 
Web randommarketthoughts.blogspot.com

Earnings Time

Its that time of year again, earnings. This is what will drive the market from day to day. Up and down we shall go, with what I imagine to be no discernible trend. Through this its hard not to like energy stocks, as oil goes higher I don't see many negatives out there for them. I have my eye on UNH in the morning. Deep down I want them to miss, although they will probably meet and raise slightly. I want them to miss purely out of revenge as I lost money owning them earlier this year and now want a little vindication from a miss now that I sold. YHOO will be interesting after the close as I have noticed a trend for the last year that I hope to take advantage of this earnings season. Here it is: if YHOO beats GOOG beats if they miss GOOG will miss as well. I expect this relationship to hold and will take my cue from YHOO on my next GOOG trade. Also this time of year it is really tough for me to avoid flipping stocks and essentially gambling on misses and beats. I will still do it but with a small portion of the portfolio as to not hurt my returns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home